Who We Are
The key focus of the ICF is the governance and administration of Carrom worldwide by leading, developing and promoting Carrom around the globe.
It’s goal, enshrined in its Statutes, is the continuous development of Carrom.
The ICF is composed of a Congress (the supreme body & also the legislative body), Executive Committee (executive body), General Secretariat (administrative body) and Commissions assisting the Executive Committee.
Our vision is that everybody has the opportunity to be welcomed to take part in Carrom and its culture, to participate fully, to grow and develop and to be inspired to keep a lifelong engagement with Carrom.
- We develop and promote the Carrom Game at the core of our identity and culture.
- We are dedicated in ensuring that our Game, and the values we live, enrich the lives of our Members, players and communities.
- We reach out to and take in maximum Members to ICF banner.
- We promote individual development and well-being and strive to enable all our players, umpires & officials achieve their full potential in their chosen roles.
- Control the game from an international perspective by compiling and enforcing rules and regulations governing Carrom and to ensure in all competitions, whether sanctioned by the ICF, or a Member, that such rules and regulations shall be applied in accordance with their terms. The ICF can also support and encourage Carrom played under different rules.
- Promote and enhance the popularity of Carromworldwide.
- To strive to ensure that no gender, race, religious, political or other kind of unfair discrimination exists, continues to exist, or is allowed to develop in Carrom in any form, and that all may participate in Carrom regardless of their gender, race, religious or political views or any other irrelevant factor.
- Support the formation of new Members, strengthen the bonds between Members and resolve disputes between Members and within Members.
- Eliminate unfair and unsporting practices such as match fixing, match corruption, irregular and illegal betting and the use of drugs to enhance performance.
- Organise, conduct and present World Carrom events to world class standards and ensure other international events meet the appropriate international standards.
- Develop new sources of revenue to manage the sport through a systematic planning process for the sustainable development of the ICF.
- Issue Statutes, Regulations and Official Rules of the Game to regulate the relations between its members as well as subsidiaries, international associations, organisations and institutions.
- Develop links with other International Federations, National Governments, Inter-Governmental Organisations and International and National Non-Governmental Organisations in order to promote the interests of sport in general, and Carrom in particular, at all levels throughout the world.
- Seek continual improvement in the technical standard of Carrom and in the extent of participation in the sport throughout the world.
- Encourage and support the promotion of women in sport at all levels and to ensure significant representation of women in ICF committees, commissions and working groups.